Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cancer sucks rant...

It sucks. There are way more erudite ways of saying it but when it all comes down to gut wrenching moments, cancer sucks. Friday Sarah Fox died in Concord Hospital after a "valiant and courageous battle" with cancer.
Yes she did and so have many, many, way too many others just like PFD 173. Sarah was a FF/Paramedic on the Portsmouth Fire Department, a great clinician who was just the best person to have in the back of a rig when the shit is flying and peeps be dying. Like so many other people in Portsmouth I got to know who she was after she started her battle with fucking cancer. The world was gifted by another four years as she survived and return to the fire/ems service.
"PORTSMOUTH — Rest in peace, Sarah Fox.
One of the lights of the Portsmouth Fire Department was extinguished Friday, the news devastating to the community.Fox, a veteran of the Fire Department, lost her four-year battle with cancer at about 12:30 p.m. Friday at Concord Hospital. She was surrounded by family and friends. According to reports from those at the hospital, she died peacefully.Fox retired from the Fire Department on June 30, because her cancer had been deemed inoperable. She retreated to her Canterbury home to spend the time she had left with her husband, Matt, and her young children, daughter Patia and twins Anika and Alexander.The Fire Department and the community had rallied around Fox. Numerous fund-raisers, intended to help the family defray the exorbitant treatment costs, were held.Fox will be remembered as a loving wife and mother, and as a well-respected firefighter and paramedic. Also on the minds of mourning loved ones are her incredible courage and determination to live for as long as she could." In the end she died, it sucks, there is nothing good about it. Cancer sucks! If cancer writes my obituary let it say nothing about a valiant fight, cause I know I would be a pussy, rather let it say that it fucked with my life but I died while living. I have nothing good to say about it. It has been an efficient assassin in my parents families and it has snatched some good peeps that I knew.
The cynic in me says that if we put enough effort and intelligence and useful financing into it we could probably figure out a solution to most of the:
...200 different types of cancer that can affect the human body. A large percentage of people will be affected by some form of cancer or other in their lifetime. Some types of cancer are more serious than others. Some can be treated more easily than others, and the survival rate varies among types.There are two general categories of cancer. Carcinomas are cancers that develop on the surface linings of the organs. Sarcinomas are cancers that develop in the cells. Sarcinomas affect solid tissues such as muscle and bone. They can also develop in the blood vessels.The human body is made up of tiny cells. Each of these cells contains genes. Proteins inside these genes regulate the division and multiplication of the cells. If a gene becomes damaged, the cells can continually grow and divide without stopping. If too many of these damaged cells form together, they can grow into a tumor.Tumors can either be malignant or benign. Malignant tumors are the serious cancers. They can multiply and spread throughout the body's tissues and organs. Not all types of cancer form tumors. Cancers of the blood, such as leukemia, attack other areas of the body through the bloodstream. 
I told you it sucks!
So I rant out of frustration and out of the loss of another good person to cancer. And in April I will have the dermatologist check my tan ravaged skin, I will have my next to last Medicare checkup and have my PCP's finger up my ass and I don't smoke tobacco or eat meat or fuck without a condom so FUCK YOU CANCER?
I know it has fucked with your life and that there was at least one valiant person in battle with it  so I would ask: What are you doing about it?
Just rantin, TmyO...




No comments:

Post a Comment