Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I don't really know what I do for a living...

So the hip puts me at the charity of others. I'm lucky because I have the two best TomO Charities. But I don't have a gig this summer like I thought. So am I really retired or just retiring for the summer? This weekend I was the farm hand feeding the calves out of nipple buckets and trying to get three piles of grain in the paddock with three frisky ponies. Never did I imagine 6 months ago that I would be back on a farm cleaning cow and horse shit off my shoes with the smell of hay, manure, milk replacer on my clothes.
I miss the ocean fierce! I miss the smell of the tides and the feel of grains and stones on my feet and the sound of the surf. The sense of salt on my body most of the day and the color of sun all over me.
In the interim I'm back to where I was five years ago and I re-learn the appreciation for the trees, fields and the large sweet water lake. As much as I love the salt water, there always was the jump in the lake after two weeks on the Island, from salt water to sweet water.
There is beauty everywhere in nature and I am basking in the belly of it it seems.
This is what I see every good night so I can close my eyes and see the sunset reflecting on the sand in Montezuma or Bocas while I smell the fir trees and lilacs in the wind.
It 's sweet watching bees in the blueberry fields and remembering having hives at Goodtime Farm across the lake, raising a family and creating history.
I am a lucky fuck if you look at it. I go from the one great setting to another and all I have to do is go with the flow.
I'll paint barns, drive a hay truck, feed critters and whatever else needs to be done and maybe some time at the bar on the work side.
I don't really know what I do for a living but I know how I'm living my life. Pretty sweet. Just sayin, TmyO...

No comments:

Post a Comment