Friday, April 27, 2012

little ants, big ants, scorpians, snakes and the lizard that eats the big ants. An old draft to post because of the irony of it all...

This world today on the road doesn't seem like the place for me bug wise. This trip is all about bugs underneath the fabric of the day to day on the road. I bought very non Buddhist ant and flying little mf 's death spray but fired the can only once and then it was back to zenboi and what is the difference between the fly and the ant Noah or Francis would say? . Sweep them out and the spray stinks, it's aerosol and the can is litter, not that most peeps in the isthmus give that much of a shit about aerosol and litter.
OK so I'm going to spend five months in places where when you turn out the light you know there is a lot of shit going on in the dark. If you are of an age and need to get up in the middle of the night to do whatever old shits do, you know to have a handy light cause it's probably big ants or the lizard that eats the big ants and shits them out by the sink. That comprehension took a week and then it was a quick visual of the lizard screwing behind the refrigerator.
The big ants are just big. They don't seem to do much other than go around and about and I'm pretty sure they are into the grout on the tile by the window.  I know it would seem like Don Tomas get a life as there is too much attention payed to the bugs. Insects. One of the reasons I'm not where I'm supposed to be. I can get along with a lot of bugs right now in my life but I'm not going to be putting on a bathroom light to suck all the bugs there while I try to make sure my mosquito net is secure. I can deal with the big ants and I'm keenly aware of the small ants as  they will fuck you up. Really teeny little bastards but potent. They bite with big mouths and although that isn't the best part, that's the part you remember and not the itch two hours later. Once you scratch you are doomed. If the size of the ant was all you had to consider that would be sweet but you have the bigger ugly critters like scorpions and snakes. Panama has seven deadly snakes and Costa Rica has a few but you really don't see them. All you usually see is big ass Boas with nasty teeth. I had care for two of them back in the start of the seventies Gilgemesh and Ninma, but I don't remember all those fangs. Scorpions? All I have to say is don't try to hang your laundry out in the dark for the next day and anything outside is best inside out so you don't get a surprise in your pants when you put them on. I've seen a couple on the road and one by the cabina but they don't like a lot of attention. {little did I know as this was originally written a week before the scorpion sting that altered the southern summer!}
My neighbor Rivers told me the story of the army ants and his cabina. They came home one day and the entire inside of the cabina was covered by army ants everywhere. They freaked but our landlord, el Jeffe, said that they eat all the bugs in the interior and they will be gone in a few hours and he was right as Rivers said they watched the whole thing and the army ants marched up into the field behind our cabinas and were gone without a trace in three hours save for some ant shit. You just always hope they aren't coming at night.
Big bugs, little bugs, all sorts of bugs here in the bush that I'm trying to live a peaceful life with. Funny how it all works out. Just sayin, TomO...

No comments:

Post a Comment