Thursday, September 17, 2015

I sit on the bench by the river every afternoon as the sun casts a mirror of light on the water. It is my dorje of diamond edge, cutting the moments as I sit. The river is my ocean here the ever flowing water unfettered by tides or vessels. It is my place of quiet reflection. The only motion the flow, the breeze and my fingers on the beads of my mala.
I find solace in the movement of the water and the brilliance of the late day sun.
I am blessed and present in this place. 
In this world of stillness, practice and service I find refuge and understanding in the five elements.
The webs of the daily toil of spiders not yet catching the dew of the impending night. Everything changes and nothing is permanent except the flow of the waters of the river as nothing stops its progress. The flow of the river is the flow of life. Here is the constant of creation, of the essence
of life.
The realization that my life is but an instant in the march of time as I am a passing measured in the eons of the path of the river. How can I be anything more than the present in the history of the flow of the waters? I am humbled and awake to the moment. This is the moment I share. It is nothing more and I  grateful.
The sun warms my face and the flow of the water comforts my soul.
The diamond edge cutting through the distractions of the living of the day.
The coolness on my back as the tired sun takes its journey to find new energy in another place...

No comments:

Post a Comment