Saturday, December 8, 2012

Early Observations in a familiar place...

  • I quickly realize how little spanish I know as soon as I get here. Bobblehead Tomas is back...
  • I must look like a drug addict with all the dudes on bikes going by and saying,”psst, psst”. One dude said he had anything I want but got pissed when I told him I wanted world peace...
  • $1 cervesas and all day happy hours are the way to go...
  • When it rains you get wet and that’s as wet as you get...
  • 60 year old Canagringos come down here to drink or run away from something. I run away from winter. I drink to summer...
  • Everyone under 40 is hooking up...
  • There are 2000 peeps in Bocas and 500 of them are gringos...
  • Monday is service industry day at the beach. Pretty much any day at Red Frog with Punta Lava’s $2 version of Poon Juice is a good one for me...
  • Besides Spanish, I suck at German, Italian, French, Mandarin and a host of other languages passing through...
  • Even in paradise you have to be careful...
  • it is only the start of December but it seems six nights a week I can hear the steady bass line of some bar’s beat drops....
  • You know it's a monsoony rainy time and you live on the ocean when you have to rescue a little crab from behind the refridge...
  • It's slower this year to start but I think it's gonna be the shitz when ti gets it 's run on...

No comments:

Post a Comment